NoToDogMeat is the official campaigning association for the UK registered charity World Protection for Dogs and Cats in the Meat Trade 1154524.It acts to inform and educate the general public about the dog and cat meat trade worldwide.
This charity-a first of its kind in the UK-has been specifically set up with the charitable purpose to promote humane behaviour towards dogs and cats,who find themselves raised for food or soldinto the meat trade.
The current Charitable Objects ( as defined and agreed at the Charties Commission of Great Britain):
(1) Preventing or suppressing cruelty
towards animals in the dog and cat meat trade world-wide;
(2) Providing support to animal sanctuaries who rescue dogs and cats from the meat trade;
(3) Facilitating the provision of emergency veterinary care and treatment for dogs and cats in the meat trade, including those at dogs farms and animals, which have been rescued.
(4) Assisting with rehoming of dogs and meat markets and trade.
(5) Campaigning for animal welfare laws to be respected and enforced both on an international and national level for animals in the dog and cat meat trade at all levels,including dog farms, live transport of dogs and cats for slaughter, closure of illegal slaughterhouses,and/or suppression of boiling/skinning and blowtorching live dogs at the meat markets.
Article 5: The Charity has within its power to do anything which is calculated to further the Objects or conducive or incidental to doing so, in particular, the Charity ( World Protection for Dogs and Cats in the Meat Trade) Has power:
To raise funds. In doing so,the charity must not undertake any permanent trading activity.
To buy, take on lease or in exchange, hire or otherwise acquire any property and equip it for use.
To sell, lease or otherwise dispose of all of or any part of the property belonging to the charity. In excercising its power, the charity must comply with section 117 and 122 of the Charities Act.
To co-operate with the other charities and voluntary bodies and statutory bodies and to exchange information and advise with them.
To establish and support any charitable trusts, associations or institutions formed for any charitable purpose,included in the Objects.
To acquire, merge with or to enter into any partnership or join venture arrangment with any other charity.
To employ or renumerate such staff as are necessary for carrying out the work of the charity.
To provide indemnity insurance for the charity directors/trustees in accordance with and subject to conditions in section 189 of the Charities Act 2011.
The NoToDogMeat design has been formally registered and reproduction for any other use than for campaigning purposes is strictly prohibited and in breach of our copyright.
There are four trustees: Ms J de Cadenet, Mr D Merrill, Mr J Hughes and Mr R Donkers.
Registered office for correspondence: 17 Cavendish Square,London, W1G 0PH . Tel : 0207 873 2250.